Saturday 10 October 2020

Life Down Wattle Lane v2 - The Great Shear of 2020

Well... I might be overstating that, as we have a very small flock since the big move, 19 Sheep and 6 lambs. A big day all the same and I always find it exciting.

The first task was to get the girls from the front paddock to the stock yards at the back of the barn. Sounds simple enough, but there is no enclosed connecting paddocks that I can walk the sheep through. We had to take them through the big wide open paddock, that we haven't fenced off as we are waiting for the house to arrive first. With beautiful lush green grass, it would be very easy for the sheep to scarper and make my day a lot more stressful. 

Below is my facebook post of the video as the file is too large to be loaded here.  FACEBOOK





I'm sure that is a smile.

They all had a pedicure, some tonic and trim all round. A great day at the saloon.

We will be washing, carding and spinning the wool and will have this for sale. Also I'm very keen to learn how to make felted wool slippers so watch this space.







No comments:

Post a Comment