Saturday 19 June 2021

Life Down Wattle Lane v2 - Parky Update

Well it has been just over 1 year since my Parkinson's diagnosis and it's been and interesting to say the least.

The tremors in my right side get a little out of control at times, as does my balance, thinking, and being so slow. In bed during the night both hands with lock/freeze with the fingers bent in towards the palm. Walking a straight line heal to toe is a challenge.

I can only describe myself as being a slow, drunk sloth with tremors.


The first 2 medications that I was on, ropinirole and pramipexole both had little effect on my Parkinson's but had great negative side effects, out weighing any positive gain.

So now the hospital neurologist has prescribed me Sinemet... a small yellow pill, the most prettiest of the pills I have ever taken.


SINEMET is helpful in improving: 
  • muscle stiffness,
  • tremors,
  • spasms,
  • and poor muscle control.
However... the possible side effects:
  • dizziness,

  • drowsiness,

  • blurred vision,

  • nausea,

  • vomiting,

  • dry mouth,

  • loss of appetite,

  • heartburn,

  • diarrhea,

  • constipation,

  • sneezing,

  • stuffy nose,

  • cough,

  • other cold symptoms,

  • muscle pain,

  • numbness or tingly feeling,

  • trouble sleeping (insomnia or strange dreams),

  • skin rash,

  • itching,

  • and headache.

  • greatly increased eye blinking/twitching,

  • fainting,

  • mental/mood changes (e.g., confusion, depression, hallucinations, thoughts of suicide),

  • unusual strong urges (such as increased gambling, increased sexual urges),

  • or worsening of involuntary movements/spasms

So...we will see how this goes. You have to wonder is the remedy worse than the original symptoms.

Day 1, a little nausea but no concerns really. 

Starting  with 1 yellow pill, I am to work up to 3 yellow pills a day over the next 2 weeks.

My daily routine...


Start with blue pill 30 minutes before breakfast for eosinophilic esophagitis.

Pink pill for blood pressure.

Yellow pill for Parkinson's.

Inhaler for eosinophilic esophagitis.

Nasal Spray for sinusitis issue.

Some days are better than others, but I keep reminding myself that it could be a lot worse.  

Just gotta keep on living the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment