Monday 25 January 2021

Life Down Wattle Lane v2 - My Family & Friends

One of the many reasons we have moved to Christchurch is to spend more time with family and reconnecting.

My biggest reconnect is with Gary. Our life Down Wattle Lane v1 was living 5 nights apart each week while our dream reconnect is to be back together 7 nights a week. We are still working on this, but over Christmas Gary spent 3 weeks with me in our little cabin. Apart from stepping on each others toes, all went well. Gary had lined up 2 job interviews while down here, and he got 2 job offers! I was so proud, I nearly cried... nearly! A huge relief. Gary will become a Cantabarian this 12th Feb.

Reconnecting with my immediate family has had it ups and downs, but overall it has been great. I really enjoy the time spent although I wish I was able to spend more time with all. The house has been consuming my life and time. I just need to get it finished asap.

Spending time with my cousins has been awesome. BBQ's and helping out with projects around the farm.

We have also tracked down some old family friends.

Reconnecting is incredibly rewarding.








No comments:

Post a Comment