Tuesday 6 October 2020

Life Down Wattle Lane v2 - The Barn Conversion

Since our arrival, one of the very first jobs was to enclose one of the 3 bays in the barn. To create a secure lockup for all the tools, building materials and to create a secure storage area for the Unicorn Fibre Cleaners that we import from the US. Really a place to put stuff, and to keep stuff out of the house. Our 3 bedroom house, is actually going to have a bed in each room!

So I started with a very simple, and cheap enclosure plan. Put in a couple of doors, and put up 2 corrugated iron walls, and then we would have a secure lockup. Well the more I thought about it, the bigger the project became.

What if I create 2 rooms. The back room for tools, storage etc, and a front room from where I can display the Unicorn Products, and also have it as a craft room of sorts to work from. Then we also want to start processing Arapawa meat to sell, so we will also need space for refrigerators. So with all this in mind, we will need a much better setup. The craft room will need to be a room that you are comfortable in spending time in. 

CHA CHING!!! I was blowing the budget before I even started. I did do what I could to save money, buying off trademe, searching demolition yards etc. 

I'm very happy with the end result.


First Wall Going Up

Front Door In & Wrapped

Inside View Of The Chaos


The Tricky Bit - Using Ply For Lining


FINISHED EXTERIOR!!!

FINISHED INTERIOR!!!

My Work Station Where I Prepare The Online Orders

My Crafting Station

Thank You To All Who Helped & The Lunches Are The Best!





No comments:

Post a Comment