Monday 7 September 2020

Life Down Wattle Lane v2 - The Plumber I Am Not

I love DIY, I love the challenge of trying something new, working it out, and then the satisfaction of completing that DIY project. So I will give anything a go.

The barn came with a fully installed toilet. What was not installed was walls or any privacy. Literally you were pooping in an open barn! As their was a small leak from the toilet cistern and we needed to install a new water pump, I thought it might be a good idea to also add a tub and basin. Basically rework the entire plumbing.

A Simple Setup:
Water Tank/To Pump/To Tap/To Laundry Tub/To Basin/To Toilet.

I headed down to the local MICRO Plumbing store for some advice... and about an hour later I was walking out with everything I needed. The team at MICRO were very encouraging, and I thought I got this!

Well all I got was leak after leak. Setting everything out was easy, connecting the fittings was easy, so I had thought. However the number of leaks was a real downer. Over a week, I had about 5 attempts, fitting, unfitting and refitting the connections, but I couldn't stop the leaks. I was starting to really hate this project.

After a few deposits to the swear jar, I relented and finally called in a plumber. $260 later, the leaks were sorted.

I could then finally start on the walls and door. 

Below is the progress... not quite finished, but can now poop in private albeit in the dark, as we're waiting on the electrician to return to put in the wiring.




No comments:

Post a Comment