Saturday 25 January 2014

I'm Lovin Summer!

Just a quick update with some photos.

I just spent a wonderful day at the block... what a beautiful summer day, beautiful blue sky and a gentle summer breeze, just perfect!  I can't really  describe the sense of satisfaction within me. It was just amazing!

A perfect day for mowing the lawns, tidying up the vegetable garden, but the trip today was really to just have a little sneak peak to see how the house if coming along, and coming along it is!




In the above photo, you can see the farmer making hay... while the sun shines.



 
The vege garden is doing well, although we are a bit tired of cucumbers, they grow very well here.  I've only had 2 tomatoes so far. But plenty more to come, they just need to ripen.

 
Don't you just want to roll down the hill in the grass? It was alive with bees and crickets.


If you do want to roll down the hill.. you do need to be mindful of the sheep poo!


Above is the cut grass drying, and below the farmers have just started bailing the hay, just as I was heading home for the day.


The bad weather we had last week blew a tree down. It's fallen over the boundary fence, although I don't think the tree is mine.  But being the tidy kiwi I am, on my next visit, I will get the chainsaw out and chop it up for firewood. The only issue I have is how do I carry the wood up that big hill? I guess even the early settlers that came to New Zealand perhaps had Clydesdale Horses or something along those lines to pull the logs. I'm thinking if I chop it into manageable sizes I can carry it up. Maybe one day soon I will look like a Clydesdale too!


Well that is the end of today's updated. I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment