Monday 27 January 2014

Chop Chop!

Another great day at the block, today I put on my Lumberjack Hat and attacked the poplar tree that fell down the other day with the chainsaw.   

Such Fun!

So I also chopped down another 4 small pine trees, well small but really tall.  I think too many had been planted to close together, so a few of the pines are really lanky and some growing at crazy angles, just waiting to be blown over in the next storm.  I did a count and there about 30 of these trees, so I will go through and cut them down overtime, thinning out the pine trees.

So we will have plenty of firewood! For now I've just cut them at manageable lengths, and made 2 stacks under the other trees to dry. Then I just need to work out a good way to get them up the hill to the house.










No comments:

Post a Comment