Friday 8 March 2024

Life Down Wattle Lane v2 - Maybe Volunteering

Since Parkinson's joined my life, I'm now pretty much retired at 45, so I spend a great deal of time by myself... and to the annoyance  of my sheep, a lot of that time is spent trying to be their best friend.

Recently our council has been advertising a volunteer expo and I thought what a great idea, so I would pop in to see what is on offer.

I rechecked the details this morning... 8th March, 8am to 7pm at Rangiora library. 

What a long day for the volunteers to be at an expo, so I decided to go about 3pm as hopefully it should not too busy then. 

So I arrived at 3pm and it was dead quiet. There was nothing there but a sign advertising expo from 5pm to 7pm. 

Of course it is! That makes a great deal more sense!

I was 2 hours too early. Parky brain has been at it again. 🙄 

I'm blaming Parkinson's, whether it is or not, I don't know,  but this sorta thing happens to me a lot these days. Seeing and miss reading or interpreting things.

I decided I might as well head home...as I wasn't feeling that charitable to wait around for 2 hours.

I haven't completely given up on the idea, and I will keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment