Monday 25 April 2022

Life Down Wattle Lane v2 - Gary's Big Day Out

I'm not sure if it is age related or health related, but I find I prefer staying at home more and more. I'm turning into a hermit, and I am happy with this.

But it's not all about me... I am very aware Gary needs to get out of the house and one of the reasons moving south was to explore more of the mainland, which we... I... haven't been making time for.

So I really made an effort and today we went exploring Castle Hill to Arthur's Pass. What a fantastic day for it.

Castle Hill surely attracts the crowds, but is very spectacular and its no wonder Lord of the Rings and Narnia movie scenes were filmed in the area.

The Devils Punchbowl Waterfall is a 30 minute hike pretty much straight up hill, on a well formed track with stairs. Definitely worth the effort. A spectacular waterfall.

Lake Pearson

We will return in winter for a winter Wonderland experience and again next summer to explore the cass cave system some 560m...I can't wait.

A great day, and I admit, I should venture out more often 😜

No comments:

Post a Comment