Tuesday 23 March 2021

Life Down Wattle Lane v2 - PD Deflated

Today I sent off an application to try to access Kiwisaver early, a few forms rather straightforward and all looks good, so fingers crossed. 

I've resigned  to the fact that I'm unemployable now. I've been applying for basic jobs, cleaning or gardening or stocking shelves, simple stuff, all I'm capable of and I can't even get an interview. I disclose that I have Early Onset Parkinson's as I can't hide my shakes. If I didn't disclose my condition then I'd be lieing and would make for an awkward interview.

So fingers crossed I can get hold of my Kiwisaver funds, albeit I'm feeling some regret now. After my cancer and other health issues, I decided in my great wisdom to stop contributing, as I was never going to reach 65 anyways... I still feel that, but kinda wishing now that I should have put more away when I could have. Silly Boy!

Part of the application was getting some notes from the Dr and on the latest report she advised "Ricky suffers early onset Parkinson's disease and has demonstrated rapid deterioration in symptoms that have been resistant to treatments" I have had the feeling that I'm seeing a quick progression with the disease but I wasn't sure until now.

Now I can't get those words out of my head "rapid deterioration".

So this is my dilemma, should I continue with Life Down Wattle Lane v2 and living the lifestyle dream which I love or sell up, again and downsize freeing up cash by purchasing a little unit or flat or apartment to see out the end of my days, I've been thinking about this a bit.  

Do what I love, or do the sensible financial option and downsize.

I'm not eligible for winz and have no income, relying totally on Gary's generosity.

If I get my Kiwisaver I have some more time before I need to make a decision.

I think that is where I am at, just one step at a time, one decision at a time.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment