Monday 21 September 2020

Life Down Wattle Lane v2 - Arapawa Ewe Giving Birth

Graphic Warning Advised
Sheep Having Difficult Birth 

I wasn't sure if I should share this, but it is all part of living on the farm, and some might find this interesting and educational.

The ewe, just known as Blake's Girlfriend, as the two hang out together, had her first lamb today. She is normally a vocal sheep as she loves her sheep nuts, and she always reminds me when I  forget to feed her. However today she was rather vocal during birth which is what alerted me there was something wrong, that and she wasn't with the flock. 

Normally the ewes give birth so quickly, they literally drop the lambs. But this ewe seemed to struggle. 

However she gets there in the end and both Mum and Lamb are doing great.

I have edited the videos to avoid most of the nasty stuff.








 




No comments:

Post a Comment