Saturday 5 January 2019

BBQ - It's about time!

It's been on my too do list, for far to long... building a BBQ, and summer is here now! So we will not let another summer pass without a BBQ! 

We've wanted to install a Charcoal BBQ Grill... well since we built the house.  We had the grill, but it required a stand to shelter the grill from the wind. 

So on a hot sunny summer's day, I got busy with some old villa clay bricks.

Now I ain't no master crafts mans, but I'm rather happy with my workmanship,  (first time laying bricks) below is my finished BBQ:


So the idea is to make BBQ Satay, while enjoying the view.


Cost to build was cheap, about $100 worth of bricks, couple bags mortar, and the grill, which we picked up in Asia for around $25.


We're yet to try the new setup, but we have a freezer full of various cuts of pork, so any day now we will be barbecuing.

PS... although we haven't used the new BBQ, something did get burnt today, my builders crack! I didn't know I had one, but it's burnt real good! Another place to put sunblock in future! ☺

In addition to the BBQ, I also installed "Steps to Paradise" rather straight forward, macrocarpa sleepers, weedmat, wooden stakes, and gravel. This links the house and BBQ area to the lower garden. 



No comments:

Post a Comment