Saturday 4 January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR - GARDEN UPDATE

Happy New Year To All! 

I hope you all have been enjoying the summer holidays!

We've spent the summer holidays developing the garden area, enjoying the warm sun and fresh air, finishing the day with a swim at Mangawhai beach before heading back to the city. Just beautiful. We can't wait until the house is built so we can enjoy this all a little more.

Below is some of what we have been working on. 





This is just above the vegetable garden, next to the driveway.  We have shaped one of the excess dirt mounds that was left over from the driveway excavation, put down weed mat, bark and planted it with Manuka Leptospermum Burgundy Queen and Grass Carex Buchananii Red. 

I also want to add in a small flax... I do like the Phormium Evening Glow, but I'm finding it difficult to purchase this flax at a reasonable price. So I will keep looking and add later.

I'm hoping that the 3 plants will all grow quiet nicely together, below was my kinda of idea I had with the colours.  



I'm hoping that it will become a little bushy, and provide a little protection for the garden with the westerly winds that seem to be reasonably frequent during spring.

We have also been enjoying some of rewards from our garden. At the moment, just cucumber and peas, but lots of both! Below are the short green cucumber and the apple cucumber, very yummy!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment