Friday 7 April 2023

Life Down Wattle Lane v2 - RIP MAX


This morning we lost our very much beloved boy Max. 

Max was the child we could not have. Our lives were planned around Max's as he always had to come first.

We adopted Max in 2009, after I had finished my chemotherapy. I looked at the situation as a sign of hope and that there is more to this life. Max was my late father's name. Max the cat needed a forever home. I was in desperate need of hope. Having Max join our lives was a meant to be moment.

But after nearly 14 years sharing our lives together, and many adventures... it breaks our hearts that this journey has come to an end. We treated Max as our son.

At about 5am this morning I heard Max struggling, I jumped out of bed and discovered that he had lost the use of his rear legs. Yet the poor fella was still being the amazing cat he was and was trying to use his litter box.  I had never seen him like this before so I phoned the vet and I was barely keeping it together, as I knew he wasn't coming home. 

We rushed him to the after hours emergency vet and he was having heart issues and the vet believed he had formed clots which caused his legs to fail. Something along those lines... all I was hearing was this is the end... I knew this day would come but Max had been doing so well in his old age. We had built him steps to get up and down from the bed, we setup a litter box, he was drinking and eating well.

I was hoping that he would die peacefully at home someday. Sadly that was not the case and the vet said that he would be in pain and putting him to sleep was the kindest thing to do. So we stayed with Max until the very end.

Thankyou Max... Thankyou for being the greatest cat son we could have ever wished for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment