Monday 8 August 2016

You May Call It Progress In August 2016

This post will be a picture post... photos of our progress this month, I will add to it as the month progresses, I've set many goals... so we will see how we go:

One of my first projects was to tidy up the end of the fence with new posts and a new gate:




Progress is a tad on the slow side... I've taken a week off from work, so I can spend more time on the land, but the weather has been, well just like winter actually, very wet and cold.

It's been raining pretty much consistently for the last 24 hours, so I popped on my rain coat & gumboots and headed down the hill to see how high the creek water level has become...


Above is normal water level & below same creek in flood....



So there hasn't been too much that I can do given it is so wet, but I did manage to sow some of the seeds, but I still have some more to do, as I ran out of the seed raising mix, but a good start.





I've also done a little concreting... added a step to the garage side door, this was to be included with the concrete pad, but the contractor didn't complete the job or forgot.



Update... seedlings!





No comments:

Post a Comment