Monday 17 February 2014

Pasta/Tomato Sauce With Brandywine Tomatoes

With so many tomatoes to spare, I decided to experiment a little with dinner tonight... and I was very pleasantly surprised at my first attempt and I was more so surprised at how amazing fresh Tomato Sauce tastes!  

So I have to write this down now, so I don't forget.


    About 10 Brandywine Tomatoes from the garden
    NZ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    3 Cloves NZ Garlic Crushed
    3 NZ Shallots Sliced
    A few Basil Leaves
    Free Range Pork Sausages, cooked, skinned & sliced.
    Fresh Pasta

In the olive oil, lightly cook the garlic, shallots in a pan, add in the tomatoes and let reduce. I did this over a med-high heat and once it started to look like a sauce, I added in the basil leaves and sausages and let reduce further on a low heat, stirring occasionally, then cooked the fresh pasta.


Once the pasta was cooked, pour the sauce over and eat. Easy! I found it to be sweet and just yummy!

This was very simple & easy to put together.

I guess you could use any type of tomato and I started by peeling the tomatoes, but I found that fiddly and I thought what a waste of tomato.  I'm sure there is some good stuff in the tomato skins too. 

I was cooking for 2 and the above was just enough... but I could have made more, as I really loved the sauce. 

Next time I might add some fresh Chilli or Pepper.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment